Many child abuse survivors are hesitant to engage in legal proceedings. It is often seen as a costly process tied up in red tape. We understand that. It’s for this reason that we follow a process that is as straightforward, fair and stress-free as possible.
Here are the 10 steps to justice:
- Complete a Claimant Information Form or phone Kelso Lawyers.
- Claim assessed for eligibility for compensation.
- Have a personal conversation with founder and principal, Peter Kelso.
- Receive a letter of introduction and our Conditional Costs Agreement. These documents need to be signed and returned before we commence proceedings.
- Ensure that you have a professional and personal support network in place.
- Case assigned to one of Kelso Lawyers’ experienced solicitors to prepare your case.
- Make a statement.
- Attend mediation where compensation payment will be determined and a verbal and written apology made.
- Notify Government agencies of impending compensation payment.
- Receive compensation and an apology.
Kelso Lawyers are abuse compensation lawyers who can help you achieve justice. Talk to us today and see how we can help you.