Lawyer Peter Kelso is a passionate advocate for legal and regulatory reform to provide justice and compensation to child sexual abuse survivors. As a former State ward who experienced emotional and physical abuse while in foster care, Peter is well placed to provide a compassionate and informed view on the legal and regulatory issues around child abuse and protection.
Peter is available to provide expert commentary to the media on the following areas:
- The Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and other similar enquiries both nationally and internationally
- The proposal for a national redress scheme
- Limitation periods for claims involving child abuse
- The liability of religious and government institutions for the abuse of children in their care
- Issues affecting former State wards and ‘Forgotten Australians’
- Compensation for State-sanctioned slave labour in NSW
For more information about Peter’s history, read his story here.
To arrange an interview with Peter, contact Kelso Lawyers.